Crescent Arts // Micro-Commissions // Place
Crescent Arts, Scarborough is launching a series of Micro-Commissions, offering £350 to creative practitioners across Scarborough, North Yorkshire and the Yorkshire Coastal Region (East Riding, Hull and the Humber).
– 4 x micro commission opportunities (£350 each) on theme of ‘place’
– For artists, creative practitioners, and collectives
– Based in North Yorkshire, East Riding, Hull and the Humber region
– Deadline: Friday 19 February
What does ‘place’ look like? How do we define it, how do we value the places that we live/visit? Place-making is a central element of the programme at Crescent Arts, Scarborough going forward.
This is an open opportunity so we encourage any format for your work to take : for example a performance, an audio piece, film, painting, an online conversation/activity, writing, or even some time to think about how to support communities. Anything which you think resonates with the theme. We very much welcome your interpretation!
There will be the opportunity to display your work, either on our website, social media accounts or in our meanwhile space on Scarborough high street.
This is only a little support (which is approx equivalent to an average artist day fee). We therefore only want people to spend up to 8 hours on this, and you could use this opportunity to build on existing work.
You can be at any stage of your artistic/creative career and we particularly encourage applications from communities who are underprepreseted within the arts.
For more info or if you require this information in a different format, we have it available in large print and audio format: email@example.com
Email Martha Cattell at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea and a short bio about yourself/practice.
We welcome any format – text (max 300 words), images (max 10), video (max 3 mins), sound (max 3 mins). Please send your ideas and bio over to us by Friday 19th February 2021 with work to be completed by 19th March 2021
Criteria for selection:
- We will be selecting based on the strength of your ideas and a desire to support a whole range of talent/skills.
- We will be selecting to cover a wide range of practices as listed above.
- Relevance to the theme
What you can expect from us:
- Please send your ideas over to us by the 19th February
- We will let you know if you have been selected or not by 24th of February
- If selected we will pay your fee upfront upon submission of your invoice
- If selected you will have the support of a Crescent Arts staff member if you desire.
- This is the first time we have done this so we may not have got everything correct, but want to support creatives in the area. We welcome and would love your feedback, so we can keep on learning and build our offers going forward.
Large Print Version: Large Print Creative Micro-Commission _ Crescent Arts, Scarborough